May I present your Super Bowl XLII predictions from the real estate blogs of the three cities most intimately involved with this Sunday’s Super Bowl between the record chasing New England Patriots and the New York Giants (Jersey A): Boston, New York City, and Phoenix (host city).
- Nothing from Boston Condos yet. Although, if Tom Brady selling his condo as he buys up to a bigger duplex just after gal pal Gisele Bundchen is trying to sell her Manhattan condo interests you, link on over. All this and Gisele’s dad still like Leo better than Tom. I think something (or someone) may be up.
- Again nothing – this time from Boston Real Estate Blog. Unless you care about the Boston Real Estate Blog’s team’s great success in 2007 (which I hope we all do for the sake of being nice), they’ve got nothing to say. I have a feeling someone has held the city of Boston hostage.
- The Boston Globe’s Real Estate Blog hasn’t even said anything for Pete’s sakes!!! This guy really must own the city!
- With only 118 miles separating Athol and Boston, I was certain REagentinCT would have something…anything on the Patriots even if it wasn’t a prediction about the game. But, alas, all I got when I searched “Patriots” on Athol’s blog was his great Sock Puppet: Point and Counterpoint post. I guess his net reaches farther than Boston city limits.
“Sir”, as Bostonians are likely to call him, doesn’t want anybody making predictions about the game so as not to jinx the team. But, man alive, I didn’t think he’d go so far as silence the real estate blogs.
So, Boston’s got nothing to show for themselves. As such, I’ll take the burden upon myself and make new England’s pick for them. Since I figure they want to finish off their stellar run in fashion so, for the first known and official Boston Real Estate Blog prediction for Super Bowl XLII, I say the Patriots win 42-17. On to the New Yorkers’ take on the game.
New York bloggers have to represent better than New Englanders. Ton Coughlin could barely keep his job before this year, let alone silence the blogosphere. Here’s what we find…
- Curbed’s got nothing.
- Sellsius was a bust too. Joe must have been thinking about the departure of Rudy to Trulia too much to even think about Sunday’s game. (h/t to Agent Genius). BTW, Joe said he may be looking for a Rudy replacement over at Sellsius; can I get on based solely on the fact that Rudy is my favorite movie of all time?
- Nothing from Noah at UrbanDigs also. Does Tom Coughlin really hold as much sway as Bill Belichick?
- Brownstoner was a bust too.
- Inman also pulled up bupkus.
I guess I’ll have to post the first official real estate blogger’s Super Bowl pick for New York too. Unless Tom Coughlin’s face has continued to worsen, I see the Giants putting up a great fight with the Patriots and winning 23-17, just like Plax called it (see above and all 2008 presidential candidates’ websites about flip-flopping).
- Who cares? We finally get to start moving some real estate! (At least for the weekend…oh, and they’re just signing a rental agreement, not a PSA? … Who thought up this evil trick?
So, with the picks in by everyone not from New England, New York, or Phoenix, it looks like one thing is certain ……………. everyone else in the real estate blogosphere is more into their work than into the Super Bowl (unlike me).
And with that, a great, safe, and Patriots-winning Super Bowl weekend to all!